2017 Experience Provence Tour 27th May to 11th June
A boutique small group tour, carefully created by Amanda Taylor-Ace, inspired by her love of Provence and Italy. Join Amanda and her co-star Judy in France and Italy as they share their ‘joie de vivre’ – the joy of living!
Spend 13 fabulous days based in the restored 18th century villas, nestled in a typical Provencal hillside village, enjoying all day sun within a walled garden covered with vines, outdoor terraces and swimming pool. Be treated to the regional sightseeing highlights and gourmet delights, while enjoying a range of evening entertainment. Followed by 3 days in Italy, taking in San Remo, Ventimiglia and the famous markets and cuisine of Italy.
NOTE: Airfares are excluded but we can suggest Agents familiar with the Tour.
Starting in Avignon and ending in Avignon with an option to extend and leave us in San Remo on the 16th day and continue onwards by own arrangements. Cinque Terre is only another 2 ½ hours approximately from San Remo. Portofino, Santa Margherita, Ligura etc are within a comfortable few hours drive.
We recommend arriving in Avignon on the Friday before the Tour starts, (we can suggest suitable accommodation), then we can all go to the Villeneuve Les Avignon Antique & Bric A Brac market which is only in the morning. We will then lunch at a charming Guinguette restaurant beside the Rhone River.
Memorable, Delightful, Diverse and Fun!
From a Trip Advisor Member:
Linda G, Auckland Region, NZ, June 2016
"If you're looking for a truly fabulous and authentic French experience, then this Provence Culinary Tour (although it's so much more) is not to be missed. It truly delivers the 'Wow' factor! Two beautifully and authentically restored 3-storey 18th Century Maisons in the quaint little village of St Maximin in Provence was the guest accommodation for the 12 days I was there. My room was large, comfortable and tastefully decorated and had views of the pretty countryside whilst overlooking the garden, outdoor entertaining area, and swimming pool. I had my own separate bathroom.
"Most days after our typical French breakfast in the Maison we had the opportunity to receive some basic French lessons, which was helpful, before we headed out to explore and experience Provence. The itinerary was interesting and diverse - fabulous markets (produce, antique and flea), exquisite food, wine tastings, special cocktails, a gourmet picnic, many excursions including several fantastic ''surprise'' locations, the opportunity to meander through cobbled streets and explore tiny alleyways whilst exploring historical towns and villages, ancient buildings and monuments.
There was musical entertainment both in-house and out, walking tours, cooking school - and so much more. But the tour is well balanced and also gave sufficient time to relax at home, or chill out by the pool. Not only do Amanda and Judy have warm and effervescent personalities, but they're well-versed in the history of the many fascinating places we visited and happy to share their impressive culinary skills during the hands-on cooking school lessons. There was lots of fun and laughter during the tour - it was memorable, diverse and highly recommended."
- Accommodation in France at the Joie de Vivre Villas, Maison de Maitresse and Petite Maison, website and Utube clip see below. Day 1 starts on Saturday the 27th May 2017 and finishes on day 13, Thursday 8th June.2017. (Add on 3 days in Italy will finish on day 16, Sunday 11th June 2017).
- Pick-up and drop off at Avignon at start and end of Tour unless people have stayed on in Italy under their own arrangements.
- 12 x breakfasts in house
- 2 x lunches in house
- 4 x lunches out – local restaurant/private house
- 8 x dinners in house
- 1 x gourmet picnic on banks of the Gardon River, viewing Pont du Gard (2000 year old Roman Aquaduct)
- 4 x dinners out at restaurants/or private houses/vineyard
- cocktails on special nights in house plus local wines with meals
- Entertainment by various local musicians. Possibility of live music on one of our restaurant nights out.
- Guided walking tour by Gaby Delsart the Deputy Mayor of St Maximin from the village to place of interest.
- All linen/towels and pool towels supplied. There are two washing machines available for self use. The linen is changed in the middle of the French part of the Tour.
- 9 x excursion days (chosen from top 10 places of interest in the Provence & Gard regions)
- 5 x lunches on excursion days. You are free to explore at your own pace and stop for a baguette or a banquet.
Also Included: Italian Part From 13th Day:
- Escorted travel by airconditioned “people carrier” to Italy and lunch stop at Auto Route Relay (Panini/baguette, drink).
- 3 x nights hotel accommodation in San Remo including fabulous hotel breakfast.
- 3 x dinners & escorted market excursions in San Remo & Ventimiglia.
Return to Avignon for those not staying in Italy under their own arrangements.
All assistance to anyone wishing to continue under their own arrangements from San Remo.
Extras at Own Cost
- 2 x lunches
NOTE: Daily Schedule Available Shortly
Flights and travel insurance by your own arrangements. Once confirmed we will require your details, next of kin, insurance and any medical conditions, allergies etc.; We will request same.
Tour Cost in Euros – Including Etxra 3 x Days In Italy
- Single Room 5,200
- Shared room 4,850
One option for Self Contained Studio
- Boudoir – Chambre D’amour 5,450 (Subject to availability)
Tour Cost in Euros – Finishing On Day 13 – Thursday 8th June 2017
- Single room 4,250
- Shared room 3,900
- Boudoir 4,500
Small intimate group, minimum 6 people.
For Tour to go ahead confirmation is required by end of December. If we have the minimum number required we will proceed to a 25% non-refundable deposit and balance 3 months prior to Tour start date of 27th May 2017.
Comprehensive Travel Insurance Compulsory.
Contract will be forwarded on confirmation of booking.
Amanda Taylor Ace – email@example.com
Click on image below to enlarge: